Information I Collect
I like to keep my readers informed on my news, be the first to hear about the books I publish and read the stories of the people I meet whilst researching my books. My goal is to be open and transparent about the personal data I collect. I only require your name and email address, which is collected when you sign up for my newsletter via the form on this website. I confirm to the GDPR rules and the protection of customer data and privacy.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
- If you would like to receive my newsletter, I only require your name and email address in order to provide this service.
- I only send you my newsletter when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time by unsubscribing here.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my readers is important to my business. I will not sell or share your personal information to a third party.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kate Thompson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org